We have some exciting news - we are now the Conservative European Forum, and can be found here:
Founded almost 50 years ago, the Conservative Group for Europe is an organisation committed to a positive and constructive approach to the UK’s relationship with the European Union. You can read about the Group’s long track record of campaigning for close ties between the UK and the countries that now form the EU on our history page.
We advocate the merits of an EU built on Conservative principles of free enterprise and movement of people, goods and services, close co-operation to protect our citizens from crime and to protect our security, and a responsible and pro-active engagement in world affairs.
Our activities include hosting discussions and debates on topical European issues, publishing policy research, fostering close co-operation with centre-right parties within the EU, as well as sharing articles and speeches, and promoting a pro-European stance within the Conservative Party. We also organise youth activities through the Young CGE.
If you would like to find out more please don’t hesitate to contact us.
Follow us on twitter @ConsEurope .
Membership of the Conservative Group for Europe (CGE) and the Young Conservative Group for Europe (YCGE) is open to anyone who supports Conservative values and close institutional, economic, political and security relations between the United Kingdom and our European neighbours. Click here for CGE values. CGE membership is open to all who support our values and have no other political party affiliation.
We are the leading centre-right forum for debate on how the UK can continue to co-operate with and work closely with the EU and other European countries to address shared challenges.
As a member of the CGE you will:
- Receive invitations to our events including our regular speaker meetings, annual President’s Reception, and fringe meetings at Conservative Party Conferences. Our guest speakers regularly include senior politicians from our European centre-right sister parties. During the Covid-19 pandemic all our events are being held as webinars. Click here for recent CGE events.
- Get an insight into the current thinking and news of leading pro-European Conservatives through our monthly Members Newsletter.
- Have the opportunity to participate in our policy groups and influence the Group’s thinking.
- Automatically receive our policy briefings and research papers.
- When attending our events in person you will have the opportunity to meet like- minded pro-Europeans. Click here for CGE People.
- If you are under 30, you can benefit from all the benefits of CGE membership at a reduced rate and be a member of our youth section, YCGE, which has its own programme of activity including close participation with centre-right youth groups across Europe. Click here for YCGE.