|We believe that it is in the interests of the United Kingdom, the European Union and the wider world that the UK maintains a close political, economic, social and security relationship with its friends, partners and allies in Europe. Find out why we believe this and how you can get involved. If you have any questions, or need a speaker for an upcoming event, please contact us. Follow us on twitter @ConsEurope.|
Founded almost 50 years ago, the Conservative Group for Europe is an organisation committed to a positive and constructive approach to the UK’s relationship with the European Union. You can read about the Group’s long track record of campaigning for close ties between the UK and the countries that now form the EU on our history page.
We advocate the merits of an EU built on Conservative principles of free enterprise and movement of people, goods and services, close co-operation to protect our citizens from crime and to protect our security, and a responsible and pro-active engagement in world affairs.
Our activities include hosting discussions and debates on topical European issues, publishing policy research, fostering close co-operation with centre-right parties within the EU, as well as sharing articles and speeches, and promoting a pro-European stance within the Conservative Party. We also organise youth activities through the Young CGE.
If you would like to find out more please don’t hesitate to contact us.
Follow us on twitter @ConsEurope .
Membership of the Conservative Group for Europe (CGE) and the Young Conservative Group for Europe (YCGE) is open to anyone who supports Conservatives values and close institutional, economic, political and security relations between the United Kingdom and the European Union.
We are fortunate to have the support of many senior Conservative Party figures including as Patrons.
By joining the Conservative Group for Europe you can:
- Receive invitations to our events such as the Annual Europe Lecture, President’s reception, publication launches, speaker meetings, debates and our fringe meetings at Conservative Party Conferences. From time to time you will also be invited to events by other European groups with whom we have close relationships.
- Stay informed by receiving our policy briefings.
- Get involved in our national and grass roots political campaigning to ensure that the United Kingdom retains a close and co-operative partnership with the countries of the European Union.
- If you are under 30, you could benefit from a reduced membership rate and join our youth section, the Young Conservative Group for Europe which has its own programme of activity.
- Meet likeminded campaigners.